Trick or Trivia Night General Information
1) Doors open at 6 pm.
Each team will be assigned one table. Competition will begin promptly at 7 pm.
2) The Trivia Competition will consist of 100 questions: 10 categories with 10 questions in each category. Questions will be read twice.
3) Maximum team size is 8 persons. Only team members will be allowed at the table during competition. If you are smart enough to go with less…so be it! Once a player has left the competition they will not be allowed to rejoin until the completion of the current round of questions.
4) No outside drink will be allowed into the VFW.
Chili, Hot Dogs, and snacks will be provided.
Drinks will be available for purchase from the VFW.
Pre-‐competition things to do:
• Select a captain for your team. This person will be responsible for turning in your answer sheets.
• Write your table number on each of the Answer Sheets from your packet.
• On the 1st Round Answer Sheet, estimate how many correct answers you think your team will
score of the 100 questions to be presented. In case of a tie for first place, the team with the closest estimated score without going over will be the winner.
• Mulligans will be sold in a pack of 10 for $10.00. (See the Check-‐in Desk.)
When necessary you may place a mulligan sticker on your answer sheet, and it will be counted as a correct answer.
Rules of the Game:
1) The Trivia Competition will consist of 100 questions: 10 categories with 10 questions in each category. Competition will begin promptly at 7 pm.
2) One mulligan can be used per round of trivia for a total of 10 available to use.
3) The Emcee will read the question 2 times. The team will have 30 seconds to brainstorm and select the best answer. At the end of each round, each team will have 1 minute to answer any question that may not have been answered during the round. Questions will be repeated one time at the end of each round.
4) Your table runner will collect your answer sheet after each round.
5) Correct spelling on the answer sheets is not required; however, answers must be legible. The judges must be able to easily recognize your answers. More than one answer per question will automatically be scored as incorrect.
6) There will be two intermissions, one after Round 4 and one after Round 7. Silent Auction items will close during the intermissions.
7) ***NO cell phones or electronic devices of any kind may be used during the game. If a team is found to be using such a device, that team will be disqualified.
8) If a player must take a call or need to leave the competition area for any other reason, he/she will not be allowed to rejoin until the completion of the current round of questions.
9) Judges have final say on all answers!